Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weekend Tripin' in Canada...

What a whirlwind of a weekend... Last weekend I flew up to Whistler, Canada for 3 days, 2 nights. Of course I wanted to stay longer, but it wasn’t in the cards this time around. Friday, April 17th was the kick off of the Telus World Ski and Snowboard Festival and we were hosting the Girl Powder Pink Party at Maxx Fish. Once we arrived to Whistler we picked up a festival guide checked into our hotel, The Crystal Lodge, grabbed a bite to eat at Citta and started to plan out our weekend. Once we had some food in our system it was time to get ready for the Party. Dj Tina T was able to make it up from Sin City Las Vegas to spin some tunes and man did she have the crowd going till 2 in the morning!

Saturday was a free day and of course I had to go snowboarding. It would be a sin to travel the entire way to Whistler and not hit the slopes. I met up with an old buddy, Greg Wright, who was there with Freeskier Magazine and it was on. The first thing Greg said was “How scared do you want to get?” Of course we made our way to the top of the mountain first chance we got. Although it had snowed days earlier we were still able to find some fresh snow! After a few hours of riding the Blackcomb side we made our way over to the Whistler side via the Peak to Peak Gondola. Like any other day it ended with a few Kokane (Canadian beer) at Longhorns.

I took this shot after I contoured the chute on the left!
View from the Peak to Peak Gondola.
Going form Blackcomb to Whistler
Saturday night started off with a great art exhibit, followed with beers at Buffalo Bill’s, and then the Big Air Competition. Once the Big Air Competition ended we attempted to make our way into the silent disco after an hour wait (there were 30 people in front of us) we decided to head over to 21 Steps for a night cap. The food was amazing I high recommend it if you are traveling and staying in Whistler

Sunday was a rainy day and a travel day. None the less a long travel day which consisted of driving back to Seattle, waiting in line at the border for two hours and then driving 4 hours back to Tahoe from San Francisco. I left Whistler at 10am and arrived in Tahoe at 2:30 am the next day! Next time the trip will be much longer.
All in all it was a fantastic trip and I can't wait to go back to Whistler! Maybe for the 2010 Olympics?!

The Dj's for the GP Pink Party @Maxx Fish

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!