Monday, January 11, 2016

Tomato Avocado Salad + #TeamPizza

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeamPizza #CB #CollectiveBias

Oh football Sunday... let me count the ways I love you. The hubby is a guys guy which mean he loves sports, beer, fishing, camping, etc. Over the years I've learned to embrace and love game day. Maybe not as much as him, but I can't pass up a day of good eats and getting stuff done around the house ;) For example, yesterday while watching football the hubby finished installing all the trim in our living room, kitchen and hallway!

Of course, he worked up an appetite and I whipped up a delicious pizza, side salad and turtle pie. Ok, ok maybe I cheated and picked up a Red Baron Frozen Pizza and Edwards Frozen Pie while browsing Target the other day, but you can't blame me for trying. Red Baron makes game day meals easy.  Plus, right now Target is offering a discount via their Cartwheel app [offer goes live January 17th].

However, I did make a pretty awesome Tomato Avocado Salad.

Tomato Avocado Salad
serves 4-6

1 lb mini heirloom tomatoes
1 cucumber
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
2 avocados, diced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Place tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, avocado, and cilantro into a large salad bowl. Top with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. [Optional: add bacon, jalapeno]

Those of you who know me know I eat super healthy 90% of the time. This way I don't worry about indulging in pizza or pie the other 10% of the time! While I love making pizza sometimes there just isn't enough time. I like Red Baron frozen pizzas for a few reasons -- it's affordable, helps saves time in the kitchen and the crust is always perfect in every bite!

Ok, back to game day. We don't want to forget about the fit games you can play while watching football -- 5 burpees for every flag, 10 push ups for every touchdown, 15 sit-ups for every field goal, etc. You're options are endless and depending on the game you'll get a killer workout.

What's your go-to game day food?


  1. Yum, this salad looks and sounds delicious!

  2. Ooh, add bacon and jalapeƱo! That sounds delicious!

  3. I pretty much love ANYTHING that has avocado in it, so this salad is a definite win, especially paired with quick and easy pizza. Thanks for the recipe! #client